About the Role
Scope of Work:
• Participate in the specification of furniture, art, accessories, finishes, lighting and equipment.
• Assist FF&E team on design execution from space planning, sourcing, client presentations: materials and budgets, and coordinating design installation.
• Creation of client proposals, shop drawings and work orders, and invoices
• Communicating and working with outside consultants, fabricators and product representatives.
• Coordinating, anticipating, and implementing design solutions alongside Construction and Client teams.
• Work with outside consultants, fabricators and product representatives.
This position is full time and will be located in Pasadena, with the needs of working on-site at different project locations.
Proficient in using PC computers: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Knowledge of ADA codes and detailed work orders (upholstery, drapery, millwork, and furniture).
Substantial knowledge of high end furnishings, finishes, and design aesthetics.
Experience in the quoting and ordering process of FF&E.
Communication: Sketching, graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas. Participate in the development of project drawings including but not limited to construction drawings, millwork drawings, details, etc. Must have a flexible attitude and solution oriented mindset both in the office and out in the field.
About the Company
At AFD we're not just interior designers. We're storytellers, craftspeople, visionaries and innovators of good time vibes. Fueled by passion and a joyful approach to the live work balance, our team brings memory retaining moments to our projects.